More Resources

Reciprocal borrowing privileges

Regent students, staff and faculty (with a valid Allison Library card) can borrow materials from the libraries listed below. Separate library cards MAY be required for each library. To obtain library cards, apply at the VST, St. Mark’s, or TWU library circulation desks. You will be required to show your Allison Library card.

Current students, staff, and faculty from the following four institutions may also obtain an Allison Library card allowing them borrowing privileges (but not remote access to indexes or databases).

Vancouver School of Theology

St. Mark’s College

Trinity Western University

The University of British Columbia

The UBC library system has many branches on the UBC campus.  Regent students will find many resources in the UBC collection that are useful to their studies.  UBC also offers numerous on-line databases.  Most of the print resources, as well as reference services, are located on level two of the Koerner Library building.

For information about the UBC Card please refer to the website at

Other Canadian colleges and universities

Students (and faculty) at Regent College (who have a valid UBC card) can borrow items from many other university libraries in Canada.  In order to take advantage of this reciprocal borrowing students and faculty need to be obtain a COPPUL* card.

Applicants from Regent College should apply at the circulation desk of Koerner Library with proper ID.  [For students, the UBC Card. For faculty, their library card and one piece of government issued photo ID.]

Before you leave UBC

Present your current UBC Card to staff at the Circulation Desk of Walter C. Koerner Library. UBC Library borrowers in good standing, will be issued a COPPUL Card valid to the end of the academic year, August 31.

When you arrive at the university library where you are seeking privileges

Go to the Library Cards desk and present your COPPUL card. A separate library card for that library will be issued to you. Keep your COPPUL card, as you may be asked to present it again.

NOTE: Regarding accessing the University of Toronto’s library, access is only available to graduate students and faculty. The University of Toronto no longer provides free borrowing to graduate students, faculty & staff from other Canadian universities including UBC. If a Regent student, faculty, or staff is planning on research at the University of Toronto Library contact Lynne Gamache ( to find out how the UBC Library can assist you in acquiring borrowing privileges. More information is available at:

* COPPUL refers to the Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries and a national interlibrary agreement, the Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement (CURBA). This agreement provides UBC students, faculty and staff with free borrowing privileges at participating libraries who are members of the following consortia: COPPUL: Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries, OCUL: Ontario Council of University Libraries, CREPUQ: Conférence des recteurs et des principaux des universités du Québec, CAUL: Council of Atlantic University Libraries