Using the Library During COVID-19
Starting September 8, 2021, the John Richard Allison Library will be resuming its regular hours of operation and making some changes to the services that we offer. Regent College and the Allison Library will be open to Regent students, alumni, staff, and faculty and to all external patrons (UBC students, VST professors, St. Mark's staff, etc...) as well as members of the general public.
New library guidelines
- Masks must be worn in all common areas, including in the stacks, in the lounge area, in study rooms, and at shared tables (masks may be taken off at cubicles/carrels).
- Patrons wishing to sign up for a new library card or to renew their account may come to the circulation desk to do so.
- Study rooms may also once again be booked by current Regent students by coming to the circulation desk.
- Reference books may no longer circulate outside the library.
- Fall 2021 textbooks are available for two-hour reserve at the circulation desk and many of these are also available in ebook format and can be accessed from home.
- The computer lab, Accordance computers, and copying and printing are once again available to use.
The Allison Library's operating hours will be:
8 am - 9 pm Monday to Thursday
8 am - 7 pm on Fridays
9 am - 5 pm on Saturdays.
- Study desks no longer need to be booked; you may sit whereever you wish.
- With the stacks open, we no longer offer curbside pickup or holds; you may retrieve your own books and bring them to the circulation desk for checkout.
- We continuing to offer scanning for current Regent students who are studying at a distance; if you live in Metro Vancouver you are expected to retrieve your own materials.